World Green Building Council (WorldGBC) has announced the newly elected members of its Board of Directors.
WorldGBC’s Board of Directors are a group of sustainability leaders bringing a wealth of experience, expertise and dedication to support WorldGBC’s mission to scale up decarbonisation and sustainability strategies in the built environment.
These individuals are critical enablers for WorldGBC to evolve and deliver global and regional solutions for net zero, resilient, equitable and healthy built environments for everyone, everywhere.
Their most pressing objectives over the next three years will be to advise on the development of WorldGBC’s 2023–2025 strategy, supporting the growth of financial resources for WorldGBC’s network of more than 70 Green Building Councils (GBCs), and advancing the sustainable transformation of the global building and construction sector.
Board members were nominated by GBCs and elected at WorldGBC’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) which took place in London on the 29 June.
Cristina Gamboa, CEO of World Green Building Council extended a warm welcome to all sustainability leaders as they begin a new term on the WorldGBC Board of Directors.
“Their leadership will support our organisation and its mission globally, as we meaningfully contribute to meeting the ambitions of the Paris Agreement and UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development. We look forward to working with these change-makers alongside our member GBCs to accelerate action and ambition to catalyse sustainable built environments for everyone, everywhere.”
The Executive Committee of the WorldGBC Board of Directors, serving for a one-year term starting July 2022:
- Chair: Ilari Aho, VP of Sustainability of Regulatory Affairs, Uponor Corporation, nominated by Finland GBC (FiGBC)
- Vice Chair: Jennifer Layke, Global Director, Energy Programme at World Resources Institute, nominated by CCCS (Colombia GBC)
- Vice Chair: Rachel Skinner, Executive Director, WSP & President of Institutions of Civil Engineers UK, nominated by Chile GBC
- Treasurer: Hastings Chikoko, Managing Director of Regions and Mayoral Engagement & Regional Director for Africa, C40 Cities, nominated by Alliance HQE (France GBC)
- Secretary: Felipe Faria, CEO of GBC Brazil, nominated by GBC Brazil
Re-elected Directors for a two-year term:
- Johannes Kreissig, CEO of DGNB (German Sustainable Building Council), nominated by DGNB
- Tan Swee Yiow, Chairman Keppel Reit, Senior Managing Director, Urban Development, Keppel Corporation and Director of Keppel Land, nominated by Singapore GBC.
WorldGBC Board of Directors joining July 2022 for a two-year term:
- Sean Kidney, CEO of Climate Bonds Initiative, nominated by Irish GBC (IGBC)
- Matthew Bell, Global Leader Climate Change and Sustainability Services at Ernst & Young, nominated by GBC South Africa (GBCSA)
- Faustine Delasalle, Partner, SYSTEMIQ / Vice-Chair, Energy Transitions Commission/Executive Director, Mission Possible Partnership, nominated by Green Building Council Costa Rica
- Davina Rooney, CEO of Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA), nominated by GBCA.